The Governing Board has been elected by the community to provide leadership and citizen oversight of the district. The Board shall ensure that the district is responsive to the values, beliefs, and priorities of the community.
The Board shall work with the Superintendent to fulfill its major responsibilities, which include:
- Setting the direction for the district through a process that involves the community, parents/guardians, students, and staff and is focused on student learning and achievement
- Establishing an effective and efficient organizational structure for the district
- Providing support to the Superintendent and staff as they carry out the Board's direction
- Ensuring accountability to the public for the performance of the district's schools
- Providing community leadership and advocacy on behalf of students, the district's educational program, and public education in order to build support within the local community and at the state and national levels