The Newcastle Elementary School District is committed to work in partnership with students, teachers, parents and community to provide every student with a personalized, challenging, academic program that develops 21st Century skills necessary to become active and effective global citizens. Each child’s innate ability will be supported in a caring, interactive, project/inquiry based learning environment with an emphasis on strong character and personal value.
District Core Values
● All decisions are based upon what is best for students.
● All students can be successful in the right environment.
● A safe positive and nurturing learning environment fosters forward thinking, creativity and collaboration.
● Social, emotional, physical and academic growth are all equally important in the education of each child.
● Parents are partners in providing a quality education.
● Strong staff and parent relationships require open communication and transparency of
Newcastle Elementary School District Priorities
1. Student Learning and Achievement
2. Fiscal Soundness/Positive Cash Flow
3. Safe and Fully Functional Campuses
Specific Board Goals (2017-18)
1. Seek out diverse views in the community to be shared with the Board.
2. Provide community leadership on educational issues and advocate on behalf of students and public education.
3. Improve the visual presence of all Board members at individual school events.
4. Each Board Member strives to improve their knowledge and skills.